Friday, January 27, 2012

The story so far

Since 2007 I have been focusing my post-graduate study on using local materials in my ceramic works. I have been using local materials i.e. clay, rocks and wood ash that I have found on location at our family farm near Tullamore NSW (Central West NSW - 114 Km NW of Parkes). As the location has become included quite literally in the work I have created, the affect of place on personal experience and memories has also been the primary context of my investigation.

In 2012 I aim to complete my Master of Arts (Visual Arts) at the ANU. To complete my project I am building a kiln at our family farm. I hope to include work from this kiln in my graduating exhibition at the ANU in early 2013. In addition to this I am having a solo exhibition in July that will show my work to date. I hope to use this log to document my progress and to share the lessons learned.

Creek after the flood on our family farm 'Spring Creek' in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment